The Scholarship Program provides financial support to students who are excelling in maritime studies in college or graduate school and to high school seniors who are interested in pursuing such studies. The Program allows CMA members to connect with those embarking on maritime studies and careers.
Top awards of $10,000 are paid directly to schools as tuition reimbursement Scholarships.
Each year multiple one-time Scholarship Awards ranging from $1,500 - $5,000 are awarded and made payable directly to the student.
Applications will be reviewed by the CMA Education Foundation Board of Directors.
Winners will be based on academic achievement, quality of essay and those who best demonstrate their interest in a career in the maritime industry.
- Undergraduate and graduate school students in the United States at maritime academies (including deck, engine, and non-regimental students) or at colleges and universities that have maritime related degree programs.
- High school students enrolled in schools in the United States with maritime related programs.
- Maritime professionals who are continuing their education while working in the maritime industry.
- Students in their final year of high school or college if they are pursuing a maritime related education or career upon completion of their current program.
- Applications must include: the application form and website/press release form, a short essay, 1 reference letter from a faculty member, copy of transcript and a picture of the applicant.
- Completed applications should be sent to Christeen Bernard Dür at Christeen@cma-edu.org anytime before Monday, April 13, 2020.
- Awards will be announced in June 2020.