The Scholarship Program provides financial support to students who are excelling in maritime studies in college or graduate school and to high school seniors who are interested in pursuing maritime studies in college or a maritime career after high school. The Program allows CMA members to connect with those embarking on maritime studies and careers.
Each year multiple one-time Scholarship Awards ranging from $1,500 - $5,000 are awarded and made payable directly to the student. Top awards of $10,000 are paid directly to schools as tuition reimbursement Scholarships.
Applications will be reviewed by the CMA Education Foundation Board of Directors.
Winners will be based on academic achievement, quality of essay and those who best demonstrate their interest in a career in the maritime industry.
- Undergraduate and graduate school students in the United States at maritime academies (including deck, engine, and non-regimental students) or at colleges and universities that have maritime related degree programs.
- High school students enrolled in schools in the United States with maritime related programs.
- Maritime professionals who are continuing their education while working in the maritime industry.
- Students in their final year of high school or college if they are pursuing a maritime related education or career upon completion of their current program.
- Students must complete an Application Form, write an essay and submit one reference letter from a faculty member at their school.
- Completed applications, essays and reference letters should be sent to Christeen Bernard Dür at Christeen@cma-edu.org anytime before May 1, 2019.
- Awards will be announced at the CMA Education Foundation lunch on June 13, 2019.